Drawbacks of Rapidly Growing Population
Analyse the disadvantages of a rapidly growing population.
Demographic Factors and Population
Frequently asked question
- Brief explanation of the topic
- Importance of analyzing the impact of population growth on a country's economy
II. Negative effects of rapid population growth
- Depletion of resources
- Reduction in sustainability of growth
- Overpopulation and reduction in income/GDP per head
- Overcrowding and pressure on food supplies
- Increase in pollution
- Pressure for government spending to rise
III. Increase in dependents
- Rise in birth rate and need for more resources for primary education
- Parents leaving the labour force
- Rise in death rate and need for more pensions and healthcare
- Taxes may have to be raised
IV. Impact of net immigration
- Increased burden on housing and healthcare
- Summary of the negative effects of rapid population growth
- Importance of addressing the issue for sustainable economic growth.
Ops... End of preview!
Already purchased Economics Study Pack subscription? Amazing! Click below