Should Parents Pay School Fees?
Discuss whether or not parents should have to pay a fee to send their children to school.
Public Finance and Government Intervention
Frequently asked question
- Brief overview of the topic
- Importance of discussing the pros and cons of charging fees for education
II. Pros of charging fees for education
- Some parents can afford to pay
- May result in more resources being devoted to education
- Education provides private benefits
- A fee may be charged for secondary education but not primary education
III. Cons of charging fees for education
- Some parents may not send their children to school
- Opportunity cost to parents
- It would increase income inequality
- Education provides external benefits
- The government may need to provide education free
- Summary of the pros and cons of charging fees for education
- Personal opinion on the topic
Ops... End of preview!
Already purchased Economics Study Pack subscription? Amazing! Click below