Government Regulation and Market Failure
Explain how government regulation may reduce market failure.
Public Finance and Government Intervention
Frequently asked question
- Definition of regulation
- Importance of regulation in society
II. Regulation of firms
- Banning of production of products with external costs
- Example of water pollution
- Fines for firms that create external costs
- Example of air pollution
III. Regulation of consumers
- Banning of consumption of products with external costs
- High private costs that people are unaware of
- Example of cigarettes
IV. Compulsory consumption
- Products with external benefits
- High private benefits that people are unaware of
- Example of primary school education
- Importance of regulation in promoting social welfare
- Need for effective implementation of regulations.
Ops... End of preview!
Already purchased Economics Study Pack subscription? Amazing! Click below