Advantages of Conserving Natural Resources
Explain the advantages of conserving natural resources.
Externalities and Market Failure
Frequently asked question
- Brief overview of the importance of natural resources in economic development
- Thesis statement: The sustainable use of natural resources can lead to long-term economic benefits while avoiding external costs.
II. Benefits of sustainable use of natural resources
- Resources will last longer, decreasing the rate of depletion
- Future generations will be able to benefit from the resources
- Economic growth and development may be more sustainable
- Income may be generated over time, and the value may rise in the future
III. External costs of overuse of natural resources
- Environmental degradation and pollution
- Health impacts on local communities
- Loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services
IV. Tourism as a potential benefit of sustainable use of natural resources
- Increase in tourism revenue and employment opportunities
- Preservation of natural and cultural heritage sites
- Potential for sustainable tourism practices
- Recap of the benefits of sustainable use of natural resources
- Call to action for policymakers and individuals to prioritize sustainable practices
- Final thoughts on the importance of balancing economic development with environmental conservation.
Ops... End of preview!
Already purchased Economics Study Pack subscription? Amazing! Click below