The headteacher of your child’s school is considering setting up a repair café run by volunteers in
the school; the headteacher has asked for opinions from parents.
Write a letter to the headteacher giving your views as a parent.
In your letter you should:
• evaluate the ideas, attitudes and opinions given in the two texts
• give your views about whether or not a repair café is a good idea for students, staff and the
The writer is a parent and they have read the two texts that the school has provided about the proposed repair café. They think that the environmental benefits of the café are very strong, and that the operational concerns raised by the second text can be overcome with careful planning. They think that the benefits of the café extend beyond environmental stewardship to include teaching students practical skills and promoting a sense of community. They think that the café could be a great way for staff to engage with students outside of the typical academic setting and that it could also be a focal point for communal interaction and learning for the wider community. The writer would like to see a trial period for the café before making any decisions.
Subscribed to the English essay Pack?
English Essays Pack
+500 Winning Model Essays
Master the art of essay writing and achieve top grades in your exam
High-quality model essays showcase exemplary writing skills, providing inspiration and guidance for crafting outstanding essays
Packed with 500 frequently examined questions and essays
Covers narrative, argumentative, and descriptive essays, directed writing, letters and speech.
Perfect for A Level, GCSE, IGCSE, and O Level students
Equipped with practical tips and vocabulary words to enhance your writing, unlock the secrets to academic excellence and elevate your success today!
Accessible and convenient! All essays downloadable as PDF
Limited-time promotion! Use code TLTS70 at checkout to get 70% off the English Essays Pack!
English Essays Pack£1515£Instantly access all english essaysValid for one year
- ➡️High-quality model essays showcasing exemplary writing
- ➡️Packed with 500 frequently examined questions and essays
- ➡️Covers narrative, argumentative and descriptive essays
- ➡️Perfect for A Level, GCSE, IGCSE, and O Level students
- ➡️Equipped with practical tips and vocabulary words
- ➡️All essays downloadable as PDF